Sunday, September 11, 2016

Round the clock good fortune.

I'd posted this design on Google+ back in July 25th. I said I would be back with the description...so now one and a half month later here it is. Better late than never eh? :p

This design is made up of three parts. 
1. The clock. Click on the link if you need a free clock face.
2. The bat. Free resource. Worked in PS to decolorized and improved the contrast.
3. The Chinese character that the bat's holding onto. 

The Chinese character is 福 (fu). As I'd explained in one of my earliest designs on Zazzle, it means good fortune, lucky, happiness and blessedness etc. Sold a poster on that design earlier this year and also on Redbubble. 福 indeed.  No wonder the Chinese love to have this character hang/stick on their walls/doors during the Chinese new year. hahaha...

Anyway, bat in mandarin is also pronounced as fu (same as
福). The nocturnal animal had traditionally been used as a fortune symbol in China. 

My design...well I guess the title says it all. I am wishing everyone good fortune round the clock. And may your good luck soar! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment